Tuesday, February 8, 2011

DAY 1......TUESDAY

Howdy Partners

I have decided to journal my barn duty... This is the second year that Niki and Mike have gone to sunny Fl. for 5 weeks and me and my best buddy Lori have been left in charge of all 6 hairy beasts..

My best pal Lori is my kindred spirit: we are crazy, crafty, creative, pumpkin loving, coffee drinking, obssessed with the color orange, candle crazed, primitive pickin, a little neurotic, Tim Horton's best customers, animal loving friend. I couldn't and wouldn't want to take this journey with anyone but her... Thanks, Lor...

Niki and Mike left last night around 11:00 p.m., I miss Eli already!....... The weather plays a huge role in what goes on at the barn, the snow is so deep that the horses are spending the day inside.. Lori and I got out to the barn around 8:30 a.m., with our Tim Hortons (gotta have Tim).... We let the horses out 2 by 2 in the arena to stretch their legs while we clean stalls. The picture above is Ruby helping herself to some hay!



Very good day... I'll be back again to feed them supper!

No comments: