Friday, February 18, 2011

DAY 11......FRIDAY

LAKE CROSS CREEK
The big thaw of 2011
This morning I got out to the barn, it was really nice..45..but very windy. I got the big girls out into their paddock (that was a complete mud pit), put Mitch and Ruby in the back (which was in good shape) and then the babies... dun, dun, dun.........took Smokey first, there was so much ice underneath the water, I didn't know what to do.. Me and Smoke stood for approx. 5 min. just looking at each other while I tried to decide what to do with the babies.. I knew I just couldn't put them out in that pasture, I would never want to risk someone getting hurt soooo off to the big paddock she went with Mitch and Ruby.. Now last time all 4 were together it was a rodeo so to say the least I was nervous.... Well to make a long story short, all went well, everyone got along, no one got picked on and the most important part everyone was safe. Off to work I went with hay in my sweater and mud on my pants.. hahahah By the time I got back around 4:30 Lori had already gotten there and started stalls... (god bless that women) Gary came a little later and helped us with our lake.. He dug some trenches out to the road, the water was running like someone turned on a firehose.. I'm hoping by tomorrow most of the water will have drained off, it is supposed to get cold again this weekend.. I don't want to have to strap ice skates on the furry beasts..
Chow for now!
It's just a bunch of shit! hahahah
Gary contemplating his next attack..Oh by the way he got shocked by the electric fence in a very sensitive area... way to take one for the team Gar... lolololol

Flowing to the road... so much water!


Another picture of Lake Cross Creek





No comments: